Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My New Site

I've finally done it and started my first official website, http://www.morgantownpoker.com/. It is basically somewhere for the locals here to get together and find games both live and online. It isn't finished yet but it really wasn't as hard as I expected. I already new some HTML and CSS but other than that I'm clueless. Now I need to do the hard part and get it seen by some search engines. I'm pretty excited about it more because I play a lot of poker online but hardly ever can find a good home game to go to. I know that there are a lot of good poker players in Morgantown but I don't know many. Hopefully this will help me meet some fellow players and get a couple regular games going. I'm also going to be setting up some private tournaments online.

Since I've been working on the site so much this week I really haven't had much time to play. I made a small deposit and played the Sunday Hundred Grand on PokerStars and played horribly. I don't know what was wrong with me but I was really ashamed of my performance. I didn't do too bad in the few ring games that I played but I think that I'm down a little overall. I've been mixing it up a little and not been playing just ABC poker. I still need to work on my technique a little but I'm pretty confident. I'm loving it because when I show a bluff or play 8-6 suited at the stakes that I play most of the table are seriously thinking that I'm a donk and really pay me off when I hit a big hand.

I would like to write more today because for some reason I feel like rambling but I have to get off of here and do some work. Feel free to check out my site and let me know what you think. Like I said, I'm new to this some and input would probably help me out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.