Sunday, February 3, 2008

Taking it easy for a week

Between throwing my back out and being broke I took it easy last week. I did play a couple Railbirds ranking freerolls. I took 30th in a Stud Hi and 38th in a NLHE. I finished the month ranked 320th which isn't bad considering that I missed over half of them and half of the games that I did play didn't have my full concentration. I'm going to try to give it more effort in Feburary and hopefully get into the top 100.

In other news, I've been offered a small stake ($10) for ring games. I'm going to be playing 0.01/0.02 NLHE 6-Max tables. This will help me get my 'poker fix' and maybe get a little bankroll started until I can get a deposit in. I played about an hour and a hlf yesterday and made about $3. I've giving it a go again as I'm writing this. I'm also going to update my overall stats in my first post.

Also, my girlfriend won us a trip to Vegas in some contest they had at school. I think it covers airfare, 4 nights somewhere and some spending cash. She's wanting to go during spring break but I'm wanting to go the end of June to meet up with some friends from Beat the Donk poker forums. Either way we're going to have a hard time finding a baby sitter. I think that when we get out tax return back I might take a little to the tables up in Wheeling to get a little live practice.

No comments: